Jobs at Alex Kong
BD & Partnerships Manager, Gaming - ASIA
At Horizon, we make web3 easy, fun, and accessible for users and builders. Our mission is to unlock web3's utility, drive mass adoption, and accelerate content creation by empowering builders to create amazing web3 games and experiences.
We have two powerful products to achieve our mission:
* Sequence, the leading all-in-one developer platform for building web3 games and apps.
* Skyweaver, a digital trading card gamepowered by Sequencewhere players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items.
Sequence unlocks web3s utility, and is poised to accelerate web3 content creation and drive adoption on a massive scale. Skyweaver named 2022s best blockchain game is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and passionate community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; gaming and tech industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Gaming BD & Partnerships Manager to join our business development team and play a key role in the growth of Horizons industry-leading web3 gaming infrastructure stack Sequence. You are deeply interested and knowledgeable about blockchain, web3, and gaming in particular.
This role will focus on the Asian region, primarily Korea and Japan. As such, it will require the candidate to delve into their network there, and navigate relationship building in the region. The goal is to develop those relationships, while prospecting, closing, nurturing and maintaining sustainable, long-term partnerships. The ideal candidate has several years of experience in business development or sales roles, and is able to work independently, as well as part of an awesome and collaborative team who will probably become close friends in no time.
We are looking for a self-starter that can be both hands on and strategic. You will report to the Head of Business Development and collaborate with the product & engineering, marketing, and legal teams to, through our offerings, solve real problems our partners are facing while building innovative products in web3. You will be able to easily develop an in-depth knowledge of company offerings, and communicate and pitch tailored messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication. You are friendly and people enjoy talking with you.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-scaling sector, with the potential to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world. You will be a key asset in making web3 accessible to the people.
- Execute the go-to-market strategy for attracting new industry-leading partners
- Prospect and rank the best potential partners across the web3 gaming sector
- Perform lead generation and outreach to target partners across various platforms
- Develop an understanding of potential partners needs and pitch Sequence offerings to solve those needs using tailored messaging
- Track discussions with partners through all stages of the business development life-cycle and keep the relevant internal teams up to date with progress and timelines
- Close partnership deals which are mutually beneficial for both parties
Manage key partnerships
- Manage and strengthen relationships with existing gaming partners
- Lead partners through the integration onboarding process, ensuring a smooth and easy experience for all parties
- Own client relationships from onboarding until adoption and use of the Sequence developer platform
- Establish relationships with leadership teams and founders and attempt to work with them to drive adoption of the Sequence wallet and developer platform
- Develop processes to manage ongoing partnerships, to keep them informed of our product roadmap, releases and news
- Develop processes to understand partners ongoing requirements, and effectively communicate their needs to the relevant team members internally
- Research emerging trends and recommend new Sequence offerings to satisfy partners needs
Become an expert
- Develop a strong knowledge base in the Ethereum and blockchain ecosystem
- Understand how our products, Sequence Wallet and developer platform, can unleash significant value for partners
- Keep up with trends and developments in the blockchain and web3 gaming sector
- Participate in blockchain/crypto/gaming conventions with relevant opportunities to build relationships and develop future opportunities
Be an awesome teammate
- Embody and promote our company values
- Build solid relationships with colleagues from marketing, product, development and legal teams
- Ability to multitask, managing priorities and concurrent projects, meeting deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Team player, positive attitude, strong verbal, and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and make effective decisions under pressure
- At least 5 years of proven B2B business development and/or partnership management experience in Asia
- Experience with web3 gaming in Asia, either in Japan and/or Korea
- A solid network of contacts in Asia that you can pull from
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and one of Japanese or Korean
- You understand and empathize how gaming and developer studios work
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Passionate about blockchain, web3 and gaming is a must
- Strong communication, experience in creating pitch presentations, and materials, strong presentation skills
- Experience with Google Suite and MS Office Suite
- Highly organized: you can multitask without dropping the ball and you always meet deadlines
- You are resourceful and LOVE to take initiative
- Hands on, can do attitude is a prerequisite
* A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
* Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
* Competitive salary + generous commissions and equity package
* Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
* Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
* Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
* Work-life balance unlike the crunch culture you find at larger studios
* Were conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
* We invest in everyones personal development.
* We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths.
While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.
As an Animator, you will be responsible for working in Maya 2022 to enhance motion capture performances by adding hand animation, refining ground contact, and animating motorcycles. All characters are pre-rigged, and animators must have a compatible version of Maya 2022.
Experience: 1 year
Job Level: Mid
Education: No specific requirements
- Ability to animate in Maya 2022
- Follow direction effectively
- Provide playblast movie files for review
- Proficient in 3D Character Animation and Mocap polish with Maya 2022
- Maya 2022
Company:Matt Jacobs is a Visual Effects Supervisor, with 25 years of experience in feature films and television for Hollywood, he is spearheading a passion project honoring friendship, motorcycles, and the Sonoran Desert.
Project:The film unfolds outside an old desert saloon, featuring two buddies, Poncho and Lefty, riding old Harley Davidson motorcycles. The short film runs approximately 5 minutes and is supported by a talented team working on character development and environments in Unreal Engine.
- Start Date: 01/01/2024
- Duration: Expected to be completed in 6 months
- Flexibility: Flexible working hours
- Location: Remote
- Contract Type: Freelance
- Benefits: Artists can use this project for their portfolios and collaborate with industry experts.
- Depending on shot count
- 40 to 80 USD a day
- Yes, paid
- To be determined
VFX Artist with Houdini and Unreal
Job Title: Houdini Technical Artist
Location: Remote (US-based, New York time zone preferred)
Rate: Up to $600 per day
Type: Freelance or 2-month trial leading to full-time
Start Date: Immediate
About Us:Silver Spoon creates and controls real-time content built on Unreal Engine. With a tradition of firsts, we have become an industry leader, highly sought-after for real-time content for all screens.
As a Houdini Technical Artist in this role, your responsibilities include the creation and optimization of diverse Houdini FX simulations (flip, pyro, vellum, RBD) for broadcast AR and virtual production, ensuring their seamless integration into Unreal Engine, where you'll also develop Niagara FX systems.
You'll collaborate efficiently within a remote team using Perforce, and take ownership of shots and scenes from layout to final production.
Your proficiency in Houdini's KineFX, Blueprint, material creation, and asset optimization will contribute to an immersive user experience. Continuous learning, problem-solving, documentation, quality assurance, and effective communication round out your key responsibilities, ultimately shaping the success of our innovative projects.
- Extensive experience with Houdini FX, capable of handling both large and human-scale simulations.
- Proficiency in various simulation types, including flip, pyro, vellum, and RBD.
- Proven ability to work efficiently within shorter deadlines, balancing quality and speed.
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine, including importing baked Houdini simulations into UE and creating Niagara FX.
- Adaptability to collaborate remotely and connect to our in-house machines.
- Additional Houdini experience in layout, shot/scene ownership through production, and optimizing simulations.
- Knowledge of KineFX.
- Familiarity with working in Unreal Engine alongside a team using Perforce.
- Blueprint and material creation experience in Unreal Engine.
- Skills in optimizing assets and effects for target performance.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating Houdini and Unreal Engine expertise.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on time and adapt to project requirements.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while being a team player when required.
How to Apply:If you're a talented Houdini Technical Artist with a passion for virtual production and broadcast AR, we'd love to hear from you. Please submit fill out an application!
Join us in shaping the future of immersive content creation. Apply now and become part of our innovative team!
Our mission is simple: To constantly innovate and expand the boundaries of real-time production.
Originally founded in Brooklyn, New York, our three offices serve the entertainment, broadcast and advertising industries on both coasts and everywhere in-between. Williamsburg is home to our Unreal dev and tech art teams and the largest independent motion capture studio on the East Coast. Our Hudson Valley location houses our XR and LED stage and team, and from Los Angeles additional creative and technical leadership.
The depth and breadth of our knowledge and experience in creating and deploying real time content is derived solely from the ingenuity and dedication of our team - a devoted collective or staff and freelance artists, developers, engineers and producers (and their pets).
We are practical dreamers. We celebrate being the first. We believe in pushing innovation and creativity, in testing the limits of real-time technologies, in elevating visual quality and technical output, while recognizing what we can reliably execute the first time, every time.