Begin your journey
Jobs at Begin your journey
Senior Merchandising Manager for Knit, Woven or Home Decor (one each)
Responsible for business growth and the direction and coordination of all merchandising activities for assigned product lines from sourcing, product development, order execution through delivery to meet customer needs and achieve business objectives. Three positions: Knit, Woven or Home Decor respectively.
- Identify customer requirements so that the business development activities undertaken can fulfill customer needs.
- Determine appropriate price quotations so that Company can secure order and maintain profitability.
- Direct and coordinate the value chain process from Ordering to Production to Shipping so that products can be delivered to customers on time.
- Identify vendors on shore and offshore for production and/or raw material supply and evaluate their production and service quality, ensure compliance standard and performance so that quality production can be ensured.
- Establish and manage relationships with overseas customers so that sales can be enhanced and business goals achieved.
- Lead and manage the team under supervision and motivate them to maximize performance
- Participate in company strategic planning & recommend improvement & growth of the business.
- Ensure order placement meets budget and within profit margin and commission rate guideline.
- Minimize risk exposure on vendor compliance before order placement
- Monitor account receivable balance and bad debt ratio to ensure compliance with credit guideline.
- 5-10 years experience in senior merchandising, cut and sewn apparel for the USA and European market. Less experienced candidate for Merchandising Manager position.
- Excellent English.
- Strong leadership.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Experience in trading or agent for woven products.
- Possess strong sense of product interpretation from overseas briefs and on line global market trends.
- Able to manage cost, quality and delivery expectation as well as develop a sound vendor matrix.
- Strong team management skills including oversee budgeting.
Group Legal Director
A Hong Kong based group of companies with diversified businesses such as property development, management, construction, eCommerce and financial.
Group General Manager
- Responsible for handling engineering contracts, leasing contracts, investment negotiations, and tenant communication for the groups real estate and commercial projects.
- Review the companys internal rules and regulations, project legal terms, and other legal documents in line with the business development of the group company.
- Participate in business negotiations, draft and review relevant contracts, agreements, and other legal documents.
- Provide legal advice and risk warnings to the company.
- Write and review various external agreements and contracts to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and mitigate business risks.
- Standardize the groups contracts and management processes, draft, review, and revise legal documents and contracts, and formulate standard contracts.
- Manage department personnel, plan, track, and report on key departmental activities.
- Handle litigation cases and intervene in major disputes.
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelors degree or above in law, real estate, or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of legal work experience in commercial property, with 3+ years of experience in commercial investment (shopping malls, urban complexes) preferred.
- Familiarity with company law, contract law, and laws and regulations in the real estate or construction engineering industry.
- Familiar with civil and commercial laws and regulations, and those with experience in intellectual property and litigation/arbitration is of an advantage.
- Proficiency in the companys contract management system and risk management.
- Understanding of business processes, negotiation skills, contract terms and market operation modes.
- Excellent communication, coordination, understanding, and analysis skills.
- Meticulous, conscientious and patient.
- Proficient in writing Chinese business documents.
- Strong logical, organizational, and learning abilities.
- Able to handle stress.
Head of Sales, Software Licensing and IT System Integration
- Lead a team of Account Managers, mostly in Shanghai, and be responsible for the total sales and gross profit performance of the Company in entire China, targeting at mostly MNC clients.
- Grow the business through developing a strong sales team, implementing effective marketing and account management strategies, and managing vendor collaborations.
- Ensure that all tasks performed comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Drive the attainment of sales, profitability, market share, and business goals.
- Create, recommend, and implement sales strategies and tactics to drive sales, market share, and gross profit growth.
- Prepare and manage department budget including manpower, training, and other costs.
- Ensure management is aware of customer, industry, and competitive market issues.
- Play a lead role in relations with key customers, partners and vendors.
- Ensure Account Managers appropriately pursue marketplace opportunities and take action favorable to company overall interests.
- Maintain current knowledge of upcoming releases of software and issues in the industry.
- Develop and grow relationships with key publishers to increase market share of these products for company.
- Effectively hire, train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel. Focus on minimizing the ramp up period for new hires.
- Maintain a positive, challenging work environment that fosters teamwork, skills development, high employee morale, and job satisfaction.
- Provide opportunities for Account Managers to develop their skills and potential through one-on-one coaching and mentoring as well as on the job, educational, and professional development programs.
- Minimum of 5 years IT sales experience preferably having software licensing experience
- Experience of supervising a team of sales of 5 people or above
- A record of achievement in sales
- Experience in working autonomously
- Leadership skills, organization and communication skills
- Business acumen, strategic thinking, results orientation
- Decision making, operation excellence and relationship building abilities
- Team development
- Fluent English is required
Executive Assistant (APAC)
The world's largest independent charter owner and manager of containerships with global operation.
The Executive Assistant to APAC C-suite Executives provides a full range of administrative and office support to ensure the smooth running across executive offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai/APAC.
- Coordinate the scheduling of appointments and events for the CEO, CCO, and GC, including sending electronic invitations, reminders, booking meeting rooms, and preparing relevant materials for upcoming engagements. Attend department meetings and document minutes as needed.
- Maintain a comprehensive travel tracker; manage travel arrangements, both domestic and international, ensuring all necessary travel documents are prepared and adapting to any last-minute changes that may arise on a 24/7 basis.
- Facilitate reservations for restaurants and venues for the CEO, CCO, and GC. Receive and categorize invoices ensuring accurate processing through relevant platforms such as Certify, AAP, Dry Docking DMA PowerApp AL. Responsible for preparing and submitting expense reports, as well as reconciling corporate credit card statements, while adhering to budgetary guidelines and monitoring travel approvals for them and their direct reports.
- Manage expense, travel, and leave applications for the CEO, CCO, GC, and their direct reports, including processing approvals through various systems like Certify, AAP, and SAP. Maintain meticulous personal expense trackers; oversee and maintain records of medical insurance claims for them, and their families. Facilitate wet-ink signatures on behalf as per their written approvals.
- Act as the primary liaison for the Hong Kong Office General Manager, collaborating with office coordinators to assist with office management tasks and provide prompt responses to internal queries, and organize internal office events, covering aspects like date selection, venue booking, catering, and photography for communication purposes.
- Collaborate with the IT and communication teams to assist in video shoots and photography sessions for the CEO, CCO, GC. Address IT-related concerns by raising and resolving IT tickets.
- Work closely with the communication team to prepare internal swag items and external gifts for customers on behalf of the CEO and CCO. Draft greetings and messages for both internal and external stakeholders, such as festival and celebration messages.
- Provide coverage for colleagues as part of the administrative team and maintain effective collaboration with fellow Assistants.
- Coordinate and oversee memberships and affiliations for the CEO, CCO, and GC.
- Assist with tax payments for the CEO, CCO, and GC.
- Undertake any additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Within two to five years in an Executive Assistant or similar role for multinational firms.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with good work ethic and morals, and exercise good judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Approachable and calm, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (including Outlook, Word)
- Undergraduates or above.
- Fluent in Mandarin speaking; English and Chinese Word Processing.
#Mandarin #Putonghua #Executive Assistant #Personal Assistant #Executive Secretary #Chinese word processing
Merchandising Manager, China
One of Australias leading suppliers of innovative apparel, footwear, accessories, and sporting equipment to major retailers.
Yangpu District, Shanghai, China
Country Head (based in Dongguan, China)
- The Merchandizing Manager seeks out and secures new opportunities to grow the business in the region and is able to consolidate the apparel factory supply base ensuring vendors match brand requirements.
- Responsible for developing and managing the merchandizing team and supply base, this individual manages the costing process with internal teams and factories to service all Apparel depts.
- Manage overarching cost quoting process with Merch team and Melbourne office to drive holistic Companys approach to the process and drive cost reduction.
- Solutions focused to deliver profit margin requirements.
- Work with wider team on fabric consolidation, strategic view of supply base for cost and speed benefit.
- Monitor overall seasonal critical path adherence.
- Factory CP alignment to company CP.
- Lead communication process of CP across supply base.
- Continuous improvement in manufacturing processes, reduced lead-times & speed to market.
- Building supplier capability in region.
- Ongoing consolidation of factory base & balance.
- Capacity planning with supplier on big or speed sensitive programs.
- Complete onboarding process with new suppliers in conjunction with compliance.
- Support consolidation of raw materials with overarching view to move to sustainable sources.
- In conjunction with GM Sourcing, liaise with key stakeholders to create reporting that captures supplier metrics and relevant KPIs.
- Track DIFOT.
- In conjunction with GM Sourcing, coordinate supplier reviews with key stakeholders.
- Support compliance program, sustainable materials, sustainable packaging initiatives for the company.
- Support factory environmental footprint data gathering.
- Follow reasonable instructions and standard safe work procedures.
- Act responsibly for the safety of self and others, including the identification and reporting of hazards and ensuring that tools/equipment are in a safe condition before use.
- Preferably has done simple product like fleece and tees at mass volume. (the company executes 14 million units a year in Apparel)
- Extensive experience in a similar role in the wholesale fashion industry preferred.
- International factory experience in Asian economies preferred.
- Production planning experience across business operations preferred.
- Good team leadership and training of Merch team in China but follows direction 100% from General Manager Sourcing and Compliance.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with an international team.
- Be good at costing, CP management, and understand apparel manufacturing in out.
- Knowledge of basic ethical sourcing and compliance requirements.
- Garment construction knowledge.
- Proven track record of factory capacity planning.
- Fantastic English, fast response back to AUS office.
- General IT proficiency and familiarity with the MS Office.
#Merchandising #Costing #Sourcing #Supplier Management #CRM and Compliance #CSR Reporting #Workplace health & safety #Apparel #Fabric #Garment
General Manager, Leasing (Luxury shopping mall & office)
An Asia finest real estate in luxury shopping segment.
- Overall responsible for managing the business and day-to-day operations of the company.
- Ensure implementation and execution of all decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Provide leadership to and supervise the various functions in the Company, i.e. Leasing, Marketing, Accounting, Property Operations and Human Resources, in the performance of their duties.
- Lead and execute on the desired market positioning for each property in the portfolio in response to the changing market environment.
- Oversee on all retail and office leasing matters including delivering budgeted rents and occupancy rates and developing strategic leasing and execution plans.
- Oversee and implement the asset enhancement initiatives.
- Oversee coordination with the marketing function to ensure that marketing activities are aligned with mall positioning, branding, and tenant mix to drive optimal value for the properties.
- Provide leadership in negotiations with tenants, consultants, and business partners.
- Cultivate and enhance relationships with tenants, stakeholders, merchants/retailers, as well as with the agencies and business partners.
- Promote professional and strategic management practices.
- Conceptualize and develop strategic and tactical leasing plans.
- Understand and analyze tenants' business plans and/or expansion strategies to make or support recommendations for tenant mix and/or tenant relocation.
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research.
- Prepare cost / benefit analysis for leasing plans and opportunities.
- Identify consumer target market characteristics.
- Review and recommend leasing strategies in line with the overall business plan and in tandem with market conditions and trends.
- Provide regular and timely reports.
- Prepare annual leasing budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and present detailed reports, both on a regular basis and as necessary, depending on the nature of the report.
- Market development, introduce and proactively pursue exciting and unique concepts for the property portfolio.
- Build leasing competencies in response to changing market trends, demographic shifts, and consumer spending behaviour.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of consistent portfolio in performing similar function preferably in real estate investment sector for commercial or shopping centre.
- Bachelors degree and/or Masters from reputable university.
- Strong business acumen with exposure in Singapore commercial property market.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and possess excellent management reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task, handle tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and motivate team members with a diverse group of skill sets.
- Possess strong leadership qualities and excellent project management skills.