Jobs at Boardroom Appointments
Senior Software Engineer
- Deliver code according to a product backlog
- Agile software development
- Technical leadership of a small development team
- Provide input on UX and UI designs to optimise development efforts
- Give architectural advice where required
- Actively contribute to the entire team of product managers, UX practitioners, software developers and QA analysts and engineers
- Continuous self-development and expansion of skills
- If you're an intermediate: assist senior software developer to mentor junior team members
- If you're a senior: mentor junior team members
- Assist with software and product support
- Communicate technical needs and risks effectively outside of the team
- Be familiar with devops and infrastructure deployment
- Write effective documentation for architecture and infrastructure
Firstly, you need the skills to take on the responsibilities specified above. You should also have some depth of experience in the technologies we generally use, which includes the following:
- AngularJS. Other web frameworks (ReactJS etc) may also be applicable
- Flutter and Dart for mobile development. Android and iOS native development are also appropriate
- API integration through HTTP. REST and REST-like interfaces.
- GraphQL integration
- Relational databases and SQL
- Other databases (time series, graph, document, key-value etc)
- Use cloud based infrastructure (AWS and Google). This includes compute and data storage elements.
- Automated deployment infrastructure (Azure DevOps, CodeDeploy etc.)
And these equally important skills
- Communication skills that allow you to collaborate and explain your process, approach and motivation to various stakeholders, including technical and non-technical people.
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Excited about learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A propensity to fail fast and learn fast and share both failure and learning with others.
- Prioritising learning over being right. Understanding others rather than becoming defensive.
- Understanding the value of the client as part of the team rather than us & them.
Relevant B.Sc. or B.Eng. university degree. Good academic performance, exceptional in software development/programming courses AND Minimum 6 years of relevant software development experience
Nice to have
If you tick all the required boxes, the following things will give you an edge:
- If you've started your own business before (it does not matter whether it worked out or not)
- If you've built and released something of your own
- Active contributions to open source projects
- A preference for a variety of work and horizontal training over deep specialist skills.
- Aspirations to mentor and coach other developers
Risk Officer (CONTRACT)
Our Client is seeking a Temporary Risk Officer to join their team. The Temporary Risk Officer will assist in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks to ensure the organization's assets and operations are safeguarded.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct risk assessments to identify potential threats to the organization.
- Analyze data and reports to evaluate the probability and impact of risks.
- Collaborate with department heads to identify emerging risks.
- Risk Mitigation: Assist in developing and implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and track the progress of risk mitigation efforts.
- Help create contingency plans for potential risk scenarios.
- Compliance: Ensure the organization complies with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Stay updated on regulatory changes and advise the company on necessary actions.
- Reporting: Prepare and deliver regular risk reports to senior management.
- Provide recommendations and insights to support decision-making processes.
- Data Analysis: Analyze and interpret data to identify trends and patterns related to risk factors. Utilize data to predict potential future risks.
- Training and Education: Provide training and educational resources to staff to increase risk awareness and promote a risk-conscious culture.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, risk management, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Certified Risk Manager) are a plus.
- Proven experience in risk management or related roles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Familiarity with risk management software and tools is a plus.
Supply Chain Analyst
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain +3 years related experience
- Team player
- Strong Excel and general office skill
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative, outcomes driven and ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to adhere to processes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Punctuality is essential.
- Own reliable transport.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-groomed with neat & professional mature appearance
- Well spoken.
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when required and being flexible to adapt to deadlines.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the industry.
- An adaptive nature.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment.
- Continuous improvement of operations.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures and work instructions for logistics processes.
- Identify opportunities for inventory reductions through daily, monthly, and yearly Inventory monitoring.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
- Maintain, develop, and analyse logistics-related databases to identify operational improvements.
- Analyse operational aspects such as packaging requirements, temporary staff trends, consumable budgets vs actual etc.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures for multiple customers under the Group umbrella.
- Maintain logistics records in accordance with corporate policies.
- Review procedures, such as distribution or inventory management, to ensure maximum efficiency or minimum cost.
- Manage systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately reflect logistics costing.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity.
- Develop or maintain models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating or demand forecasting.
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
- Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfilment rates, or inventory turns.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
- Analyse logistics data, using methods such as data mining, data modelling, or cost or benefit analysis.
- Analyse P&L and identify improvements.
- Data Analysis for prospective new business proposals.
- Support on stock take projects and reconciliations.
- General adhoc tasks related to supply chain operations.
Cut Over Lead
The Cutover Lead working closely with the Deployment Project Manager and Project Horizon Leadership team will execute and drive the pre-cutover, cutover, and post cutover Go-Live activity. The Cutover Lead will provide the strategy, approach, checklists, and work plans to drive to a successful activation of the new ERP system including 3rd Party systems. They will develop the detailed cutover checklist.
- Proven Track Record of similar type role on large scale ERP programmes
- Strong and experienced cutover lead required to ensure thorough planning, execution, and completion of all relevant cutovers during Project Horizon rollouts.
- Previous MS D365 cutover experience will be an advantage
- Vendor interaction and vendor activity tracking experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work remote and drive active participation and task completion in an online environment
- Ability to work with diverse project teams
- Flexibility on working hours roll-out and cutover phases necessitate some shift type patterns at times
- Possible travel when restrictions are lifted
- Tenacity and resilience to push through and remain positively focussed when extreme challenges are experienced
- Ability to be firm but approachable with diverse team of all backgrounds and experts in their own function and lead activities with positive mindset
- Develops detailed cutover checklist, integrated and consolidated project plan incorporating all Cut-Over activities across Project Scope, including technical, data and operations or business tasks with inputs on Business Activity and project teams, including potential Go- Live scenarios.
- Conduct Workshops on Cut-Over activities with all related project streams and business and collect appropriate cutover steps to be performed and works closely with the workgroups to document the integrated cutover plan for each application
- Ensures proper integration between different streams to form one integrated set of activities for a one integrated cutover plan
- Responsible for detailed project management of the cutover and conversion deliverables to the new system/s, resolving discrepancies or process issues related to cutover
- Responsible for ensuring successful planning and execution of integrated release cutover activities and associated system outages
- Plans the resources, human and physical required for cut-over activities and coordinates requirements for Go Live staffing and overall logistics
- Develops the cutover command centre logistics, communication and escalation plan and command centre documentation (policies, procedures, downtime processes)
- Provides Cutover status reporting to project leadership and key stakeholders
- Ensures entry and exit criteria for each cutover is well articulated, documented and agreed with all stakeholders
- Ensures entry into and exit out of cutover stage gates and audit requirements are met
- including the final Go/No-Go meetings for each roll-out
- Acts as the final point of escalation for all Cut-over issues, proactively bringing about appropriate interventions when the Cutover/s may be jeopardized
- Leads integrated cutover activities for Pre-Go-Live, Go-Live and Post Go-Live for 6 Cut- Over cycles:
- Leads integrated cutover activities for multiple countries simultaneously, remotely, post SA deployment
- Develops integrated Roll-Back Plan and Strategy and back out / contingency plans for Cutover/s
- Raise Risks and Issues and perform mitigating actions to minimize risk on Business Operations and Technical Cut-Over
- Ensure the security of the IT organisations data, applications, and infrastructure against accidental or unauthorised modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Ensure communication of the relevant components of the cutover plans including related dependencies with sub streams, with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop, own, and lead a detailed operational/business preparation plan/s for build-up to cutover and cutover for each business function, taking into consideration customers, vendors, employees, business peak times, downtime the business can handle, how catchup will work etc.
Intermediate Paid Media Specialist
Were looking to hire a dynamic, ambitious and results-orientated Paid Media Specialist with more than two years of experience in Google and Facebooks advertising platforms, based in our digital command centre in Cape Town.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a seamless interface between the clients, partners and the digital operations centre that sits at the heart of our company.
- Assist and advise clients in achieving their advertising objectives.
- Analyse, monitor and Optimise campaigns across digital marketing channels. (Google Search, Google Display, YouTube, Facebook, SMS and EMail)
- Explore new channels as well as look into new ways of reaching specific target audiences and growing market share.
- Work closely with our in-house team as well as outsourced service providers and partners.
Expected to have:
- Exceptional client management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of digital marketing, ranging from campaign optimisation to new emerging technologies.
- The ability to understand how campaign strategists build complete customer journeys that connect data from all touchpoints to create a single customer view.
- The ability to get clients to grasp how our bespoke analytics tools track customers across multiple devices in real-time and drive better returns on ad spend (ROAS)
- A strategic mindset with a solid ability to link qualitative and quantitative information to make actionable recommendations to the team.
- Ability to resolve a wide range of challenges in elegant and creative ways.
Candidates are required to:
- Have a thorough understanding of Google and Facebooks policies and preferably your own direct contacts at these institutions (and other global platforms) that can provide you with insights and assistance on the projects you'll be managing.
- Be Google Ads Certified Search, Shopping, Display, Video, Apps.
- Be Google Analytics certified.
- Have an informed opinion on the future of digital marketing after the end of the cookie and on the threat to privacy posed by digital marketing.
- Have a proposed solution(s) for tracking and analytics in a privacy-centric world.
- Understand how to measure traffic to store campaign, and you have a good understanding of how to optimise an offline sale or in-store digital advertising campaign.
- Understand the importance of succinct reporting and case-history analysis.
- A Facebook certified Badged Associate & Professional will be preferred.
- Clear communicator
- To be Proactive
- Ready to be accountable
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a proven multi-tasking record
- You have your own transport
- Being stress-tolerant and great at shifting priorities as demands change
Senior Data Analyst (Offer & Campaign Management)
Key Performance Objectives:
- Perform analysis to uncover potential ARPU uplift opportunities on subscriber cohorts for bespoke targeting and treatment.
- Work closely with the Customer Engagement team to unlock customer insights to support broader strategic initiatives.
- Conduct ad-hoc deeper dives to provide insights on performance and enable decision making.
- Track and report effectively to senior management on all CVM campaigns and activities
- Develop and maintain end-to-end financial models to manage the lifecycle of CVM commercial activities.
- Provide analytics solutions to business to help maximize profit on Offers and Campaigns.
- Develop data-driven business case propositions for campaigns and offers and present to management.
- Develop and maintain forecasting models to support strategic and operational offer management.
- Provide innovative ways to support the implementation and effective execution of the customer value and retention strategies
- Collate all applicable data and information relating to CVM activities, and prepare all pertinent analytics and operational insights
- Provide continual operational enhancements based on historical performance, forecasts, test cases, POC results etc.
- Implement practical strategies for continual analytical improvement, to deepen understanding of customer behaviour and improve efficiency of CVM activities
- Degree in Quantitative field (Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or Similar)
- Post Grad Advantageous (preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance or Similar)
- A minimum of 5 - 8 years of relevant experience guiding commercial operations through rigorous datadriven methods
- Analytical, financial, and business strategy skills
- Experience in end-to-end management, forecasting, and financial modelling of CVM commercial activities
- Able to clearly communicate findings, verbally and visually
- Able to work with large datasets in Excel, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with continuous measurement and evaluation of all commercial activities with feedback to business strategy
- Data Analysis
- Subscriber Analytics
- Financial Modelling
- Business Case Development
- Excel, SQL, Python, etc.
- Project Management
- Cost/Budget Management
- Customer Expectation Management
- Business Acumen