Chiltern Park Recruitment Ltd
Jobs at Chiltern Park Recruitment Ltd
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
An exciting new opening for a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer with a global engineering company who specialise in the design and manufacture of equipment used within the Renewable and Oil & Gas industry.
Based: Near York
Excellent Benefits: Salary Excellent 28K to 34K (depending on experience), 25 days holiday, some flexible working, Private Medical Insurance, excellent pension, Great Bonus, Excellent Training and Career Progression, and lots more...
As a Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be tasked with working on all aspects of design engineering and coordination of all technical activities on projects. You will participate in new product development, associated draughting, prototype building and testing, guided at first by a Senior Engineer. There will also be a mix of customer or project system design work to support the day to day operations of the engineering department.
You will be expected to plan, schedule and coordinate engineering work, monitoring work in progress to ensure compliance to industry and company standards. You will also be required to facilitate effective communication and coordination between all departments undertaking project work. Your technical knowledge will enable you to have sufficient awareness of details to recognise when technical problems are becoming apparent and be able to initiate corrective actions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking all aspects of product design and development
- Design layouts/concepts, design review, calculations, engineering drawings
- BOMs & Assembly Drawings
- Assembly and Test Procedures
- Product testing and qualification
- Preparation of project engineering schedules
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and with customers.
- MEng or BEng degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject ideally 2.1 above
- Ideally some experience with relevant software e.g. Inventor 3D or similar CAD program.
- Self-motivated and pro-active - willingness to learn highly technical product and manufacturing techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of company products and services.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas/design/manufacturing/renewable or environment or similar would be desirable.
This is an amazing and interesting opportunity for any Graduate in Mechanical Engineering to gain valuable hands on experience as an engineer within Design and the role also encompasses engineering areas including: materials, FEA, environment, problem solving etc..
If this role looks like it could be right for you, please apply straight away, we'd be happy to recommend you to our long standing client. YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Keywords: Mechanical, Design, CAD, FEA, engineering, Yorkshire, AutoCAD, Inventor, Oil and Gas, Subsea, Connectors, offshore, York, Hull, Malton, Stamford Bridge, Scarborough, Oswaldskirk, Rillington, Slingsby, Low Hutton, Scagglethrope, Settrington, East Knapton, Kirkham Abbey
Project Design Engineer (Fibre Optics)
This multinational engineering company is a world leader in designing and manufacturing highly technical integrated products, equipment and systems used within the oil and gas and renewable sectors. From concept and design to production and delivery, through to installation and training, they deliver the complete service to their clients.
Full -Time, Permanent Malton, North Yorkshire (Hybrid) Great benefits, excellent training and career progression
As a Fibre Optic Project Design Engineer, you will report into the Business Manager and will work on all aspects of design engineering and coordination of technical activities on projects. This will be a hands-on varied role in which you will participate in new product development, draughting, along with any necessary prototype building and testing.
You will work on customer and project system design to support the day-to-day operations of the engineering department and will be expected to plan, schedule and coordinate engineering work - monitoring work in progress to ensure compliance to industry and company standards, and facilitate effective communication and coordination between all departments undertaking project work.
Your technical knowledge will enable you to have sufficient awareness of details to recognise when technical problems are becoming apparent and be able to initiate corrective actions.
Undertake all aspects of product design and development.
Preparation of project engineering schedules and forecasts.
Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
Regular project status reports and change orders.
Regular contact with project clients.
Contributing to the development of the RMSpumptools Brand.
Provide support to other departments as and when required.
Adhere to ISO 9001 drawing office practises.
Participation in the preparation of project quotations and technical proposals.
Skills & Experience required:
Engineering experience in a similar environment
3D CAD Modelling experience or similar software
Engineering degree and/ or HND/HNC experience
Experience in using the MS Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
Fibre Optics experience (Desirable)
Strong communication skills
Self-motivated and proactive attitude, willing to learn and excel skills
CNC Manual Turner
An exciting fresh new opening for a CNC Turner looking for a challenging career where they can develop and progress with a leading multinational engineering company who currently design and develop futuristic factory automation products for covering various industries including: Automotive, Scientific, Renewable Energy, Space, Medical, Food Processing and Consumer Products.
Salary: £36,000 - £38,960- depending on experience, superb career and technical progression available, Annual Bonus, Bonus Scheme, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday, sports and social club and subsidised canteen etc
The Role: We are looking for an Apprenticeship trained Turning Engineer, with experience, competency, and confidence in precision engineering.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £36,000 - £38,960 depending on skills and experience
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Mon-Friday 8am 4pm (times can be flexible)
Job Type: Permanent, full time
The successful candidate will produce precision components in a production environment, manufacture machined components to engineering drawings, using set work instructions and schedules. You will need to work to production targets, maintaining accurate quality records and documentation as well as carrying out manual inspections and perform quality checks.
- Produce precision components in a Production Environment.
- Manufacture machined components to engineering drawings using set work instructions and schedules.
- Machining products for prototype, concept products and standard production requirements within the machine shop.
- As part of the wider machine shop team of 25 team members you will be working closely with all engineers within the department
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in centre lathe turning.
- Experience needed with Metrology Skills
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience in CNC machinery
You must have permanent right to work in the UK
Apply now to be part of this forward thinking company!
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated Embedded Software Engineers withproduct development, low level Embedded C experience to join one of the UK’stop technology design consultancies. Thisfriendly company are looking for really exceptional ambitious embedded softwareengineers to join their very successful and dynamic,enthusiastic technical team.<o:p></o:p>
Salary 40K - 50K including pension, bupa,bonuses, overtime and profit relatedpay schemes, regular development training, career progression and many social activities including adventure sports andclubs outside of work, which are subsidised by the company, finish at lunchtime on Friday!<o:p></o:p>
In this role you will undertake the development and documentation ofmedical device software, as well as contributing to the planning and managementof software work packages, so previous experience in this area would bebeneficial. However, they can train in this area if needed. You will needthe drive and commitment to tackle software delivery in this challenging andhighly regulated specialist field.<o:p></o:p>
You will have:<o:p></o:p>
· Ideally over 5 years developing real-time software in C for embeddedmicrocontrollers.<o:p></o:p>
· Experience in software lifecycle management and the application ofrigorous quality management systems.<o:p></o:p>
· Excellent embedded software skills.<o:p></o:p>
· Experience in a key software development role, ideally heading up asignificant software work stream, within a multidisciplinary productdevelopment programme.<o:p></o:p>
· The communication skills to deal directly with DCA’s clients.<o:p></o:p>
· 1st or upper 2nd class degree in software engineering from a universitywith a strong software reputation, or equivalent qualification.<o:p></o:p>
This offers interesting design and development projects, often seeingthe design through from initial specification to manufacturing handover.<o:p></o:p>
You will deal directly with their clients and suppliers and so you needto have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will need to becapable of presenting formally and writing reports suitable for clientdelivery.<o:p></o:p>
Interested and feel you have the right skills and experience required? Please apply now and we will be happy to recommendyou!<o:p></o:p>
An exciting fresh new opening for a Design Engineer looking for a challenging career where they can develop and progress with a leading multinational engineering company who currently design and develop futuristic factory automation products for covering various industries including: Automotive, Scientific, Renewable Energy, Space, Medical, Food Processing and Consumer Products.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £34,000 - £40,000 - depending on experience, superb career and technical progression available, Annual Bonus, Bonus Scheme, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday, sports and social club and subsidised canteen etc…
The Design Engineer will work closely with all Manufacturing functions to ensure designs align with corporate best practice and are engineered for efficient manufacture at the Milton Keynes facility.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
- Support the company in its growth of special engineered products by working closely with Sales and all current and potential customers.
- Obtain all data necessary to prepare the quotation and engineered solution of a customer’s project by liaising with External Sales, direct with customers, vendors and internal departments.
- Design special products using CAD from conception through to detailed design in accordance with BS 8888 and company standards.
- Seek to provide solutions that reduce both the product and manufacturing environmental impact through the complete product life cycle.
- Ensure design solutions are safe for manufacturing operatives, installers/integrators, end users, maintenance operatives and end of life decommissioning.
- Calculate product costs based on the corporation policy.
- Checking of colleagues’ work.
- Ensure ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 policies and procedures are adhered to.
Required skills and experience and Qualifications of the Design Engineer:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification to HNC / HND level minimum
- 3+ years design experience of:
Jigs, fixtures, tooling, mechatronics or special purpose machines
Electrical or electro-pneumatic controls within industrial automation
- Electrical knowledge (Basic principles)
- 3-D modelling experience
- Dynamic, seeks out opportunities for improvement, delivers solutions
- To be able to manage a dynamic workload and have a flexible approach to the role
- Work well as an individual or within a group
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired skills (but not essential)
- Understanding of electro-pneumatic control including circuit diagrams
- Design of control panels
- Knowledge of serial interface communication
- Electrical drives and control experience
- PLC / micro-controller programming
We are offering a unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic Design team, if you’re looking for a new challenge with a career development path, please apply now and we will be happy to recommend you!
Graduate Electrical Engineers
Worldwide market leading multinational engineering company working with clients in the automotive, scientific, pharmaceutical, electronics, oil and gas and food processing industries are seeking Graduate Electrical Engineers to work with designers to create cost effective designs to meet customer’s requests.
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary/Benefits: £25K to 28K (depending on experience), superb career and technical progression available, Bonus Scheme, Pension, PMI, relocation assistance (where required)
The company offers excellent training and career progression!!!
Objectives of the Graduate Electrical Engineer:
Answering technical questions promptly and accurately.
Determining cost effective products for customer applications.
Building technical credibility and good relationships with our subsidiaries and customers.
Provide technical expertise to improve product knowledge in subsidiaries.
Responsibilities of the Graduate Electrical Engineer:
Reviewing requests for customised existing pneumatic products from sales to ensure specification is clear and viable.
Working with designers to create cost effective designs to meet customer’s request.
Carrying out testing of pneumatic products.
Responsible for ensuring timely completion of own projects.
Participation on larger projects with supervision from senior Engineer.
Provide technical product support to sales subsidiaries.
Visiting customers to determine technical requirements for special products.
Participating in technical market research activities.
Technical support concerning directives and standards relevant to pneumatic products
(Prior knowledge not essential)
Skills and Qualifications Required
Ideally some practical hands on experience for a manufacturing company.
BEng or Meng in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering degree 2:1 or better preferred
Experience of working with customers or suppliers
Ability to work as part of a multicultural team
Able to travel to European customers when required
PC skills: minimum MS Word and Excel
Excellent spoken and written English
Interested and feel you have the required skills? Please apply now we will be happy to recommend you!
Keywords: Luton, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, Bedford, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Northampton, Aylesbury, Leighton Buzzard, Berkhamsted, Cheddington,Bletchley, Wingrave, Woburn, Flitwick, Electrical, Electronic, Software, pneumatic, components, actuators, automation, BEng, MEng, Degree, Electro-mechanical, mechatronics.