Jobs at CMW Geosciences
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
CMW Geosciences is a specialist geotechnical consultancy delivering first-class geotech engineering services throughout Australia and New Zealand. Our business has grown as a result of strong personal working relationships, honest and open communication and a focus on work/life balance. With a large team of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, geophysicists and hydrogeologists, CMW primarily operates in the Infrastructure, Energy & Resources and Land & Buildings sectors. Our successful and energetic geotech team has a strong reputation for working collaboratively with clients to deliver value-engineered, practical geotechnical solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join our expanding team in Adelaide. You will be managing ground investigations, design and reporting of geotechnical projects with the support of other CMW personnel.
Furthermore, you will:
- Work with the team to develop, provide and promote technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client needs
- Monitor project progress against budgets
- Manage fieldwork and derivation of ground models
- Prepare proposals, technical documents and other correspondence
- Undertake geotechnical design and analyses across a range of landforms
CMW want you to join our energetic and successful team with a strong reputation for working collaboratively with our clients to provide them with value-engineered and practical geotechnical solutions.
To be eligible we are looking for the following:
- Relevant Degree in Geotechnical Engineering from a recognised tertiary institution
- At least 5+ years of experience
- Experience in managing a large-scale geotechnical investigation project
- Proven experience mentoring & training junior engineers
- Experience with geotechnical software such as Geostudio, Wallap, Slide 2D/3D or similar would be welcomed
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technical report writing abilities
Interested in applying?
If you are looking for new opportunities and would like to be a part of a growing team with ample career options then don't hesitate to apply or contact [email protected] for further information.
Apart from a negotiable salary depending on your experience we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements (37.5 hour week)
- Negotiable salary
- Birthday leave
- A range of social events
- Professional development and training
Regional Operations Manager
Company & Opportunity
One of our sister companies, who is part of the Kiwa Group is seeking to hire a Regional Operations Manager. PPI Quality & Engineering LLC has its headquarters in Houston Texas and has been operating since 1992 providing economic solutions for complicated projects for the renewable energy and oil and gas sectors globally. They focus on providing actionable business intelligence, quality and consulting, engineering and technical services. PPI performs oilfield engineering, drilling, workover, production, and plug-and-abandonment projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this key leadership role, you will be reporting to the Vice President of PPI Quality & Engineering and be responsible for overseeing various activities throughout the APAC region. Other than that you will be responsible for the following:
- Participate in the development and implementation of the vision and mission of PPI Quality & Engineering
- Ensure regional compliance to PPIs ISO 9001:2015 certification and the Quality Management System
- Facilitate the Incident Analysis Process and support risk assessment, incident prevention and mitigation, and root cause analysis
- Perform analysis, management, and reporting of regional financial, quality, and
- performance metrics for PPI and its Customers
- Support the customer quote/proposal process to ensure PPI meets or exceeds customer
- expectations, while also adhering to PPI's interests and observing industry best
- Identify and execute regional-level changes to encourage effective and efficient operations
- Attend regular team meetings with other Regional Operations Managers to collaborate on opportunities for improvement and to ensure global operational Alignment
- You will be required to be degree qualified in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Civil &/or Instrumentation) or have significant practical experience
- Ideally you will have more than 10 years in a related discipline (oil & gas, mining & renewable energy)
- Demonstrated progression in responsibilities, including people management
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 certification requirements & applicable knowledge of API specifications Q1 and Q2
- Experience with implementing and enforcing quality systems and procedures
- Knowledge of drilling and completions tool API specifications and standards, DS-1 standard, or other quality governing documents. Furthermore, knowledge of OCTG specifications and standards would be an advantage
- Otherwise you will have exceptional communication skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
To be considered for this role with an industry leader that has a global footprint please send your initial enquiries to [email protected] simply apply.
Intermediate to Senior Geotechnical Engineers or Engineering Geologist
CMW Geosciences (CMW) is a distinguished Geotechnical Consultancy, dedicated to the Infrastructure, Energy, and Land and Building Development sectors. With a footprint in both New Zealand and Australia, our privately-owned consultancy places paramount importance on fostering exceptional geotechnical services. Our approach is anchored in the foundation of robust personal connections, transparent communication, and a commitment to a healthy work/life balance.
Unlock Your Potential with CMW Geosciences in Ballina
As we embark on an exciting journey to expand our operations in the Northern Rivers region, we invite expressions of interest from experienced Geotechnical Engineers who are ready to shape the future of our Ballina office.
In this dynamic position, you will embark on a multifaceted journey, engaging in fieldwork, and contributing to the design and reporting of geotechnical projects under the mentorship of seasoned professionals. Your role will be an immersive experience designed to deepen your expertise as a Geotechnical Engineer, offering hands-on application of engineering knowledge. Collaboration is key as you work closely with our technical team and cultivate relationships with clients, specialist contractors, and fellow consultants and suppliers.
To thrive in this pivotal role, you should hold a qualification in Civil Engineering or a related field (Engineering Geology), coupled with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Geotechnical/Engineering Geology domain. Your proven track record in conducting and planning site investigations and geotechnical consultancy projects will set you apart. Those with existing design experience or a strong willingness to develop these skills will be highly regarded. Your arsenal should also include effective communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Nestled along the contours of the Richmond River and Northern Creek, Ballina offers a captivating backdrop for both work and leisure. This coastal hinterland boasts 32 kilometres of unspoiled coastline, lush subtropical rainforests, pristine National Parks, breathtaking waterfalls, and world-class surf breaks.
Your Ideal Lifestyle:
If you aspire to escape the hustle and bustle of the city while advancing your career, this opportunity in Ballina is tailor-made for you.
Perks and Support:
Your contributions will be duly recognized and rewarded. We offer ongoing training and development opportunities, and you'll be nurtured by a team of seasoned professionals across our eleven locations.
Take the First Step:
For an initial conversation about this exciting opportunity, don't hesitate to get in touch with our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead, Richard Lawson, at [email protected], or simply click 'Apply.' Join us on this remarkable journey towards personal and professional growth.
Principal Geotechnical or Engineering Geologist
Company: CMW Geosciences
Are you a passionate and experienced Geotechnical Engineer looking to make a significant impact on New Zealand's construction, infrastructure, and energy sectors? If so, CMW Geosciences has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Hamilton, New Zealand. With over a decade of successful operations, CMW Geosciences has expanded its footprint across 11 offices in Australia and New Zealand, with a team of 250 dedicated professionals. We take pride in our hardworking, down-to-earth approach to delivering high-quality geotechnical site investigation, analysis, and design advice.
Since our inception in Perth in 2012, CMW Geosciences has grown into a thriving organisation with a strong presence in New Zealand. We specialise in providing geotechnical services for a wide range of projects, including land development, infrastructure, and energy initiatives. Our diverse portfolio includes projects such as Te Awa Lakes, the Waikato River Bridge, and the Ruakura Super Hub, and we take pride in contributing to the growth and development of local communities.
Due to our continued growth and diversification, we are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Geotechnical Engineers or Engineering Geologists with 15+ years of experience. As a Principal at CMW Geosciences, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects in the Hamilton region, connecting with private and public sector clients, local government bodies, iwi and hapū, and our broader client base.
- Provide expert geotechnical site investigation, analysis, and design advice.
- Work on a diverse range of land development projects.
- Collaborate with a broad spectrum of clients and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the growth and development of local communities.
Hamilton, often referred to as Kirikiriroa, is the vibrant gateway to New Zealand, situated on the picturesque banks of the Waikato River. Hamilton is known for its award-winning Hamilton Gardens, diverse dining options, and colourful street art. CMW Geosciences' Hamilton office is located in a brand-new facility in Hamilton East, and we are excited about our growth and presence in the region.
Why CMW Geosciences:
Apart from a competitive salary that reflects your experience and expertise, CMW Geosciences offers a range of attractive benefits, including:
- Additional Day Leave on Your Birthday
- Provision of a Quality Laptop
- Regular Morning Teas
- Continued Education Support through Internal Weekly Training Sessions and Paid Membership to Engineers New Zealand
- Minimum 50 Hours of Training/CPD per Year
- Entry to Approved Sports Events
- CMW Mid-Winter Activity Weekend
- Membership to Our Social Club and Regular Social Functions
- Weekly Friday Drinks
- Involvement with Environmental Initiatives during Work Hours
- A 37.5-Hour Work Week
- CMW Sports Teams
- Weekly Office Fruit Box
- Annual $500 Well-being Budget... and that's just the beginning.
How to Apply:
If you're ready to make a difference and be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about engineering and geology, we'd love to hear from you. To discuss your potential future at CMW Geosciences, don't hesitate to reach out to our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead, Richard, at [email protected], or our Hamilton Manager, Cameron [email protected].
Join CMW Geosciences, and be a part of a company that values talent, promotes professional development, and is dedicated to making a lasting impact on communities in New Zealand. Apply today and help us shape a brighter future.
CMW Geosciences is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Project Geotechnical Engineer
CMW Geosciences (CMW) is a specialist Geotechnical Consultancy with offices spread across Australia and New Zealand. Our primary focus is to provide expert geotechnical and geological advice on infrastructure (civil & mining) energy and land and building development projects. We are a privately owned business with over 250+ staff supported by a global entity. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent service based on strong personal working relationships, honest and open communications and a focus on work/life balance.
Opportunity with CMW Geosciences in Central & Northern Queensland (Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton)
Due to a number of projects we have secured in the central and northern Queensland region, we are looking to expand our operations. As such we are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Geotechnical Engineers who have the drive and energy to help build and be part of our growing locations in Central Queensland (Townsville, Mackay or Rockhampton).
In terms of general duties, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking fieldwork and some design related activities
- Involved in preparing geotechnical reports
- You will be dealing with various external and internal stakeholders and ensuring the projects are running on schedule and budget
- Any other related activities as directed by senior management
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a qualified Civil Engineer or similar (Engineering Geologist) with more than 5 years of experience working as a Geotechnical/Engineering Geologist in a consulting engineering environment. You'll also possess demonstrated experience in the undertaking and planning of site investigations and geotechnical consultancy projects. Experience in design or the keenness to develop these abilities would be highly regarded. Having good communication skills and attention to detail is essential. Having CPEng/RPEQ would be highly beneficial, but not critical.
If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of a busy city, then look no further. Both Townsville and Mackay are situated along the coast surrounded by post-card-perfect beaches and proximity to the great barrier reef and tropical rainforests. In terms of projects we are engaged in working on a variety of:
- Renewable (solar/wind) & energy
- Mining & civil infrastructure
- Land development projects
So if you're looking to escape the big smoke and enjoy regional living without compromising your career, this is the ideal role for you. With regard to benefits, you will be well rewarded for your efforts. Access to ongoing training and development will be provided and you will be supported by a team of professionals across our multiple locations.
To have an initial discussion, don't hesitate to reach out to our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead ([email protected]) or simply click Apply.