Confluence Talent Limited
Jobs at Confluence Talent Limited
Confluence Talent are working with a leading contractor with residential and commercial construction projects throughout Ireland, the UK and Europe. They are currently growing their commercial team and looking to bring on an ambitious QS.Responsibilities:
- Regularly reviewing the commercial, legal, and risk aspects of projects from start to finish
- Reliable and timely preparation of cost information for complex projects at the site purchase stage. Manage historical cost database with thorough understanding of cost and value drivers.
- During the preliminary planning stage, discuss design development and cost control with the development team.
- Maintain auditable references to the project evaluation while keeping track of project budgets and cost codes.
- A dregree in Quantity Surveying/Construction management or similar
- At least 2-8 years QS experience with a main contractor.
- Good contractual knowledge and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively utilise a range of technology platforms
- Be fully conversant with the use of the Standard Method of Measurement
- Reporting to commercial director.
What's on Offer:
- Great salary package
- End of Year Performance Bonus
- Opportunity to progress quickly
We are currently representing a well known Construction Consultancy who is expanding rapidly and looking due to increased demand of complex projects to increase their headcount of ambitious Quantity Surveyors.
Our client appreciates good talent and puts the needs of their employees first. You can expect to get some great perks including hybrid working and fast track career progression outlined through a very structured approach.
- assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work
- prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
- prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- negotiate contracts and work schedules
- allocate work to subcontractors and oversee their work at all stages of the construction
- perform risk, value management and cost control during construction
- undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- advise on a procurement strategy
- Degree level qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- 5 years' + industry experience, preferably some of which was gained within a consultancy environment
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hybrid Working
- 4.5 day work weeks
- competitive compensation package
- Great benefits
- Fast Track Career progression track