Cutting Edge Recruitment
Jobs at Cutting Edge Recruitment
- Responsible for driving exceptional service and the commercial performance of the Restaurant.
- Motivating and driving your teams to deliver a faultless service to our customers.
- Sourcing innovation and new ideas to drive the growth of the business
- Work in partnership with the General Manager to ensure the restaurant meets and exceeds the standards and targets
- Coach and develop the Assistant Managers/Head waiters/ess and teams to ensure efficiency, leading by example
- Update the management team on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Be visible in the restaurants, giving support as needed.
- Work with your teams to ensure a smooth Restaurant Operation that delights our guests
- Chair regular meetings with the teams
- Communicate and work with the General manager to own the restaurant highlights, lowlights, opportunities and risks for the period
- Complete and deliver monthly one to one reviews in line with Company Objectives, Vision and Values, using this time to set and review individual objectives
- Communicate effectively, in a way that the teams are empowered and involved in all appropriate developments across the business
- Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising, and time management to drive the operational execution across the department
- Ensure adherence to company policies, controls and standards (e.g. due diligence, cleanliness, cash handling, H&S, dress code standards etc.)
- Support the team to ensure the restaurant rota is managed in a fair, consistent and efficient manner managing all holidays in line with the Company policies
- Oversee the stock count on the Sunday of period end and input into the system double check on the Monday
- Ensure wastage and transfers have been accurately captured for the period and given to the procurement team on a weekly basis
- Retail transfers to be checked and accepted/ declined
- Stock reconciliation sheet to be reviewed and any lines to be amended if necessary
Key Performance Indicators:
- Responsible for supporting the General Manager in the management of the entire restaurant's operations
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas
- Create and take ownership to deliver results on time
- Come up with ideas and take opportunities to improve performance by using knowledge of customers product and competitors
- Effectively manage the restaurant in the absence of the GM
- Consistently review the operation and team to identify and suggest opportunities for improvement
- Support the GM in ensuring clear communication across the restaurant takes place
- Ensure standard of procedures and service level (SOPs) are understood across the team and well executed
- Ensure a faultless guest experience across the restaurant and look after complaints
- Supporting the financial (invoices, reporting), People (Fourth, rota) and restaurant (stock take & stock control) related administrative duties, ensuring they are completed accurately and on time
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health & safety legislation and guidelines
- Key recipes should be yield tested each period with recipes amended
- Period end margins should fall in line with budgeted margins for food and beverage
- Reduce wastage (targets to be set)
- Stock holdings to be reduced
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of a restaurant group. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of the company
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal
- Achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate operations, service, menu, restaurant environment, cleanliness standards, management development service style/system, food safety and internal marketing initiatives at the units.
- Coordinate activities between all departments for smooth and efficient implementation of food and beverage initiatives, service initiatives, operational updates, and training programs.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Direct or coordinate financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency
- Provide leadership and coaching to management in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and motivating employees in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Identify training needs and initiate development of all general managers and management.
- Lead the design, implementation, and integration of new and existing training programs, operations manuals, continuing education, assessments, resources, processes, and initiatives that establish a brand-wide culture of continuous learning.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
- Conduct weekly briefing reports for general managers that include follow-up on all important items discussed in previous briefings.
- Conduct weekly unit management meetings with a standard agenda.
- Plan or direct activities such as sales promotions that require coordination with other managers.
- Attend weekly meetings with president/owner to discuss follow-up on all important items discussed in prior meetings and those that are directly/related to the company objectives.
- Facilitate open discussions and communication with team members, and other business or vendor partners to improve organizational efficiencies and practices.
- Conduct field visits to all locations as necessary to assist with operational items, continuous improvement, and further develop best practices that drive sales and profit.
- Analyze menu, cost of items, price of items, and movement to maintain the most profitable product mix.
- Develop or implement product-marketing strategies, including advertising campaigns or sales promotions.
- Implement or oversee environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, or waste management.
- Assist with planning and implementation of annual events and company meetings as required.
- Recommend locations for new facilities, plan restaurant layouts, or oversee the remodeling or renovating of current facilities.
- Complete other tasks, projects and job duties as assigned and/or deemed appropriate.
- Troubleshoot issues with POS provider on issues that cannot be resolved internally.
Tools & Technology (Examples in parentheses):
- Cash registers
- Laser printers
- Notebook computers
- Personal computers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Accounting software (Food Services Solutions DayCap; Intuit QuickBooks)
- Analytical or scientific software (Aurora FoodPro; ChefTec software; Food Software.com IPro Restaurant
- Inventory, Recipe & Menu Software; SweetWARE nutraCoster)
- Calendar and scheduling software (espSoftware Employee Schedule Partner; iMagic Restaurant Reservation)
- Communications server software (IBM Domino)
- Data base user interface and query software (ValuSoft MasterCook)
- Desktop publishing software (SoftCafe)
- Electronic mail software (Microsoft Outlook)
- Financial analysis software (Delphi)
- Graphics or photo imaging software
- Inventory management software (Food Service Solutions FoodCo; Gift Certificates Plus Giftworks)
- Office suite software (Microsoft Office)
- Point-of-sale software (Compris Advanced Manager's Workstation; Compris; Hospitality Control Solutions Aloha
- Point-of-Sale; ICVERIFY; Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale; MICROS Systems HSI Profits Series; NCR Advanced Checkout Solution; NCR NeighborhoodPOS; The General Store; ClubSoft Food & Beverage Point of Sale; DataTeam Lunch Express; Dinerware Intuitive Restaurant; Food Service Solutions POSitive ID System; Restaurant Manager)
- Presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
- Time accounting software (Aestiva Employee Time Clock)
- Word processing software (Microsoft Word)
1.Curate and manage well-balanced wine list that best complements the restaurants cuisine
2.Source and purchase wines from distributors, wineries and suppliers, considering quality and price.
3.Train and supervise restaurant staff on wine service techniques
4.Ensure that the wines served by the staff are at the correct temperature and in appropriate glassware
5.Provide professional recommendations on wine and food pairings to the customers
6.Assist customers in selecting wines the best suit their preferences and occasion
7.Keep up to date about the latest wine trends, regions and grape varieties
8.Maintain a well-organised and up-to-date wine inventory
9.Address customer inquiries and resolve any wine-related issues
10.Set wine prices to maintain profitability while meeting customer expectations
- Multiple years of prior experience in Michelin starred restaurants and luxury establishments
- Have excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- Knowledge of F&B trends and industry best practices
- Certified Sommelier (WSET 3 or Court of Master Sommeliers preferred)
- Have extensive knowledge of wine regions, grape varieties, winemaking techniques and wine service
- Strong organizational and inventory management skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Retail Operations Manager
Retail Operations Manager
A key partner with the General Manager, APAC to implement the Customer Experience, Sales Potential and Growth Strategy for Hong Kong & APAC. Responsible for all Retail Operations, including Merchandising, Logistics and Warehousing with effective collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the business.
General Manager, APAC
Store Managers & Merchandise
The role holder will interact with colleagues both within and outside of their departments, members of the management, Operational Leadership team and members of Executive teams, third-party site partners and other business leaders.
- Work to deliver a culture of selling excellence where every member of the team is working to identify and meet the needs of the customers.
- Own and drive performance of stores in line with company growth targets, identifying opportunities.
- Champions the ongoing evolution of the Customer Experience through positively challenging direct reports and retail teams
- Update your management team on business performance, new initiatives, and other pertinent issues.
- Chair meetings with your managers, weekly updating on all KPIs and Store Communications
- Take ownership of the weekly trade report and feedback key indicators for the week to the executive team and wider business
- Own monthly reporting for your business communicating highlights, lowlights, opportunities, and risks for the period ahead.
- Complete monthly one to one reviews in line with Company and individual Objectives, Vision and Values
- Ensure adherence to company policies, controls and standards (e.g. due diligence, H&S, Security, Maintenance, cleanliness, cash handling, dress code standards etc.)
- Partner with buying and merchandising to review shrink/wastage plans in line with the company targets.
- Develop strong working relationships both with internal and external stakeholders to be able to influence key commercial decisions.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives, and monitoring what competitors are doing.
- Manage the payroll budget and OPEX costs overall for the stores.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory management and supply chain activity to ensure excellent availability.
- You will be influential in the strategic direction, department strategy and ranging architecture.
- Ensure that all sales forecasts are accurate and propose and drive commercial actions for any failed delivery and slow-selling lines.
- You will be working closely with the UK Buying, Merchandising and Logistics teams so strong influencing and negotiation skills will be necessary in the role.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Continually drive trading performance: Sales V Plan, Sales V LY, utilising Productivity Reports to drive the best performance.
- Drive NPS & Exceptional Service Programme (Host Mystery shop criteria), maintain score above 85% - review results regularly and monitor customer service level provided by the team members offering coaching and support where needed.
- Monitor the success of marketing events and feedback.
- Control % of Payroll to Sales by ensuring correct cover, managing labour turnover, recruitment, ATR management, and absence management. Follow through on outcomes from MDR meeting & discussions, Ensure Performance Reviews submitted on time.
- Demonstrate key leadership qualities at all times
- Lead and inspire your teams to deliver on a daily basis
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence outcomes at all levels.
- Demonstrate the desire and curiosity to become an expert curator and editor within your role and the wider business.
- Convey a positive outlook and approach and be calm and controlled when under pressure.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in taking action and executing tasks.
- Demonstrate high levels of planning, organising, and time management to drive the operational execution across the store.
Role Specific Criteria
- Demonstrate a commercial mindset & outlook to stay responsive to customer needs
- Spend quality time on the sales floor observing and giving feedback to managers and the wider team about customer experience
- Have an inspiring presence with high visibility
- Constantly looking at ways in which we can develop a long-lasting relationship with our customers and exceed their expectations
- Utilising NPS scores and customer feedback to take action and improve the customer experience
- Lead by example and ensure we are always striving to deliver a sense of pleasure to our guests
- Be aware of competitor examples of great customer service and share this with the team and take action
- Be at the forefront of developing ideas and take opportunities to improve performance by using knowledge of customers, products and competitors
- Engage, coach and develop the management team to ensure we are always striving for the highest standards
- Lead by example by delivering a sense of pleasure to all of our guests, at all times
- Provide clear direction for store managers to ensure accountability, ownership and empowerment
- Deliver feedback and coach managers on a regular basis, recognising achievement & addressing performance
- Identify training needs and influence stakeholders to deliver
- Regularly meet with the host operational team and check that they are engaged.
- Conduct complex disciplinary & appeals, RTW and reviews
- Actively look to the future and Implement a succession plan for the Store teams
- Complete performance reviews and career discussions for your Managers
- Prepare & drive your own development & performance by seeking feedback
- Motivate and develop your Managers to sustain high-performing teams taking action when appropriate.
- An ability to challenge, build credibility with a wide range of audiences and work with integrity/confidentiality at all times
- An excellent networker who can promote the business and seek out innovation in partnership with the wider team.
- Role models the Company Values and behaviours to create a sense of pleasure for our employees and customers
- Ensure all teams are fully engaged in all aspects of the company's experience
- Effectively build rapport in order to get the best solution and deliver results
- Acts as an ambassador for the brand and exhibits a passion in all aspects of the role
- Consistently influence within the company to build relationships across the business
- Work closely with key business partners B&M, Marketing, HR, Stock Integrity, Warehouse, VM
- Positively and proactively promotes key brand messages effectively across the store
- Develop an Achieving Together environment across your area with your host partners and within your peer group
- Develop supportive relationships both internally and externally
- Create a dynamic team where different skills and personalities complement each other
- Actively work with colleagues to drive results in succession planning and sharing of best practices.
- Actively manage Third Party relationships and protocols/compliance across each site
- Demonstrate successful forward planning.
A premier private members' club located in the heart of Singapore. Be part of a team that take pride in curating exceptional experiences for their esteemed members, ranging from exclusive canapé parties and bespoke gatherings to high-profile events like National Day, Thanksgiving, Diwali celebrations, and collaborations with renowned brands. Providing top-notch service and creating memorable moments is at the core of everything they do.
Seeking a talented and innovative Events Chef to join a vibrant culinary team. As the Events Chef, you will play a pivotal role in elevating members' experiences through culinary excellence and creativity. You will be responsible for crafting exceptional menus and delivering high-end dining experiences for a diverse range of events, ensuring that each occasion is a unique and unforgettable culinary journey. In addition to events events you will help with development in main kitchen with the Head Chef's day to day operations.
Menu Creation: Develop imaginative and bespoke menus and tasting menus that align with the theme and nature of each event, showcasing your culinary expertise and creativity.
Food Presentation: Pay meticulous attention to food presentation, elevating the visual appeal of dishes to match the high standards expected.
Quality Control: Maintain strict quality control standards to ensure that all dishes meet the club's culinary excellence and member satisfaction.
Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the events team to understand the event concept and requirements, ensuring seamless integration of the culinary aspect into the overall experience.
Ingredient Sourcing: Select and source premium ingredients, working with local suppliers whenever possible to provide a unique and authentic dining experience.
Kitchen Management: Oversee the kitchen operations during events, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow to deliver exceptional food on time.
Budget Management: Manage the budget allocated for each event's culinary needs, optimizing resources without compromising on quality.
Adaptability: Be adaptable and prepared to work on a wide range of events, including canapé parties, bespoke gatherings, themed celebrations, and special feasting suppers.
Proven experience as a Chef in high-end restaurants, hotels, or exclusive clubs.
A strong portfolio showcasing creativity and innovation in menu design and food presentation.
Excellent knowledge of international cuisines and culinary trends.
Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative, and prestigious environment.
Access to networking opportunities within Singapore's exclusive members' club.
If you are a passionate and creative chef with a flair for crafting extraordinary culinary experiences, we invite you to join this dynamic team. Help to continue to set the standard for luxury dining and memorable events in the heart of Singapore.
To apply, please submit your resume, and a portfolio of your culinary creations to [email protected]
Retail Replenishment Associate
Retail Replenishment Associate
- Responsible for stock management
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Fully flexible to work varying shifts
Working within a fast-paced team, the ideal Retail Replenishment Associate will have good communication skills, be a team player and fast learner with basic computer knowledge (Excel, Email, etc), preferably with replenishment experience.
The Replenishment Associate will be responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of store inventory. This includes replenishing items that have sold out on the sales floor, receiving and processing items as they arrive, and preparing them for the shop-floor.
You should be fully flexible to work varying shifts, including weekends, 5 days per week.
Perks & Benefits:
- A day off for your Birthday
- Attendance Bonus
- Mandatory Provident Fund
- 5 working days per week
- Generous staff discount
If this sounds like you, please apply today!