Jobs at DESIGN+BUILD
Director of Sales Development
Reports To: Head of Business Development
This position is a full-time position that will support the Business Development department, working primarily in the office and in client meetings.
As the Principal of Business Development, you will be responsible for driving strategic growth initiatives and identifying new business opportunities with end users and creating new client partnerships for the organization. You will play a crucial role in establishing and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, clients, and partners to expand the company's reach and achieve revenue targets. This position requires strong business acumen, exceptional leadership skills, and the ability to think strategically and execute effectively. This position will be supported by both a Business Development Associate (networker) and Business Development Representative.
- Participate in executive business development activities, including:
- Executive Phone calls, Emails & LinkedIn outreach
- Strategic Planning
- New Market Expansion
- Relationship Management
- Generate interest and increased awareness of DESIGN+BUILD through events and networking
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients responsible to coordinate the necessary content & pitch deck for the meetings and ensure the necessary talent from DESIGN+BUILD is in attendance at the meetings.
- Responsible for determining and establishing a strategy on each opportunity that they are personally responsible for.
- Brand Management - Responsible for delivering a consist message to the market regarding our brand and value
- Ability to manage a pipeline (Responsible to manage the pipeline and moving opportunities through the pipeline; this is done by keeping opportunities up to date in Salesforce)
- Superior communication skills - Oral, Written and presentation skills
- Adhere to company policies listed in policies and handbooks
- Carry out any task requested that is legal, moral, and in the company's best interest
- Education- MBA, Bachelor in Marketing, Bachelor in communications is preferred
- Experience- 10 - 15 years+ in business development
- Well-connected in the market and understands a long sales cycle
- Software- experience with Saleforce or other similar CRM software
This position requires the employee to be able to:
- Ability to attend evening networking events, as needed
- Travel within the US, up to 10%
DESIGN+BUILD is a Portland, OR based organization that serves our nationwide clients by combining the disciplines of workspace design, architecture, and construction under one roof, mitigating project risk and streamlining communication through a turnkey approach.
Our purpose at DESIGN+BUILD is to improve the lives of others while working with leaders of great organizations creating exciting and engaging workplaces that aligns with their culture, supports their workstyles, and connect people through brand-immersive design. We cultivate an atmosphere of accountability and respect in discovering, designing, and delivering excellence to every client.
Our culture revolves around the recognition and preservation of our values:
- Humility: Check your ego at the door
- Ownership: Take responsibility for yourself and your role
- Game: Be willing and excited to try something new
- Collaboration: Trust your team, share what you know