Jobs at Ethika Group
Our client is seeking to appoint an in-house lawyer for 12 months who is looking to make a difference in that time.
The applicant must have 7-8 PQE, experience in commercial law, debt recovery, contract review and negotiation. Experience in the wholesale, distribution or building and construction sectors will be well regarded.
This company was established in 1916 and has over 4000 employees across more than 440 locations in Australia and New Zealand. The Group has been privately owned since 2000 and has developed into a diversified distributor of electrical, communications and data, solar, lighting and associated electrical component products.
This role will require the successful candidate to work collaboratively with the business to add the most value.
The in-house legal function is primarily responsible for:
- Advising on day-to-day legal issues that arise throughout the organisation that do not need external expertise.
- Engaging and instructing external advisers for the resolution of complex matters outside in-house expertise and manage the costs of the matter.
- Ensuring that the company complies with the law and establishes a strong corporate governance environment.
- Contributing to the ethics, risk, and compliance culture of the business
- Undertaking appropriate education of business stakeholders in respect of contracts, risk, ethics, and compliance
- Support the business to effectively review, amend and negotiate contracts including tender submissions, supplier agreements, debt recovery matters and procurement agreements.
- Assist senior management and profit centre managers in day-to-day contractual matters relating to customers and suppliers.
- Understanding of IP law as well as familiarity with ACL would be ideal.
- Assist the Property team with questions in relation to leases.
- Escalating the debt collection process when legal proceedings are required, managing the process in conjunction with senior managers and regional credit managers through to resolution.
- Assist the business to identify and manage legal risks in a timely manner.
- Be the liaison point between internal stakeholders and the external lawyers when external advice is required.
- Update and maintain standard document templates.
- Can-do attitude and keen to make a difference.
- Knows their limits in what they can and cannot do and can speak up and seek assistance when required.
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Passion for results, tracks progress and recognizes when a change of approach or escalation is required to achieve the desired outcome.
- Problem-solver, identifying problems and proposing solutions, including finding ways to work smarter, not harder.
- Customer service orientation, building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Laws from a recognised Australian tertiary institution or equivalent
- Current practicing certificate
- 7-8 PQE
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Parking onsite
- Would consider 4 days per week.
The successful applicant will be based at the company's head office at North Rocks and might be required to travel interstate if needed. If this role sounds perfect to you, apply now!