Jobs at Guru
CREATIVE VIDEOGRAPHER/ EDITOR
A skilled and self-assured Creative Videographer / Editor is sought to join a specialised legal service provider based in Central London. In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for producing a wide range of video content, including corporate videos, creative projects, shorts, and product reviews. The selected candidate is required initially for a one-year, full-time contract with a primary office-based setting, which may involve occasional travel as well.
Working at the forefront of the company the Creative Videographer/Editor plays a key role which encompasses the entire video production process, from ideation to publication on platforms like YouTube. It includes creating diverse content, such as corporate videos, creative projects, short videos, and product reviews. The candidate will enjoy creative autonomy in shaping the production process and assisting with equipment and software procurement.
To qualify... You should be a Creative Videographer / Editor / Video Content Producer / Video Production Artist / Media Production Specialist / Content Video Maker / Creative Video Director or similar who can demonstrate:
- Strong technical skills in video production, including filming, editing, and animation. Proficiency with video editing software and equipment is essential.
- An ability to generate creative and engaging video concepts is crucial, as the role involves producing a wide range of content.
- Prior experience in video production, especially for online platforms like YouTube, is desirable. An understanding of both corporate and creative video styles is a plus.
- Familiarity with video production equipment and software tools is important, and the candidate should be able to contribute to equipment selection and procurement.
- Strong communication skills are needed to conduct interviews and collaborate with other team members. Writing and storytelling skills are also beneficial.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative in project development.
- A strong portfolio showcasing past video projects and creativity in video production is essential.
- A passion for video content creation and a creative, enthusiastic approach to storytelling and visual communication.
- The ability to work well within a team, collaborate, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Relevant qualifications in video production, film, multimedia, or a related field may be advantageous.
This is a real opportunity for a passionate Videographer / Editor to make a difference for an industry leader. In return you can expect additional leave, company events, company pension, cycle to work scheme, sick pay and much more.
HEAD OF FINANCE (CHARITIES)
An experienced Head of Finance who is passionate about making a real difference is sought for a leading charity based in London. Working at the forefront of the business the Head of Finance will lead an efficient and effective finance team that works collaboratively with other teams to meet the organisations financial aims.
This is a hybrid role, and it is expected that you will attend the office in Islington for a minimum one day a week.
This fantastic charity funds research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes. They provide information for children, adults and parents living with the condition, at all stages from diagnosis and beyond, giving a voice to people with type 1 diabetes and campaigning for increased focus, funding, and research to find the cure.
Acting as a key member of the Finance Management Team the Head of Finance is responsible for leading an efficient finance team, coordinating the annual budget-setting process, overseeing the distribution and review of management accounts, and reporting on financial performance to relevant teams. This role involves providing business partnering support to senior colleagues, preparing and monitoring cash-flow forecasts, ensuring effective financial controls and statutory compliance, and leading on financial aspects of digital projects and new funding mechanisms. Additionally, the Head of Finance manages day-to-day operations, coaches, and mentors the finance team, fosters collaborative working with other teams, oversees payroll processes, and administers the organisation's group personal pension scheme. The position requires a pragmatic approach, excellent technical accounting skills, and the ability to lead projects and teams effectively.
To qualify... You should be a Head of Finance / Financial Director / Senior Finance Lead / Chief Financial Officer or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Accounting at a senior level in a charity with significant fundraised income (£1M+)
- Five years management of finance staff
- CCAB qualified accountant or studying towards qualification or a willingness to work towards it.
- Knowledge of the charity SORP
- Cross-departmental project management
- Taking the lead on statutory account and related audit file preparation
- Excellent technical accounting and analytical skills (Sage Line 200)
- Good all-round communications and demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead teams and projects.
- Ability to organise time, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work some hours outside the normal working day from time to time.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Finance to make a real difference in an exciting role. In return expect a fabulous company offering a friendly working environment with many benefits.
An HR Advisor is needed to join a world leading company specialising in innovative PFC-free materials, treatments, and aftercare systems. Working at least one day a week from their Wadhurst offices based in East Sussex this is a key role optimising Partner performance and impact within the company by fostering a supportive and fair environment.
As a top-tier manufacturer of care products and material systems for outdoor attire, footwear, and gear, committed Partners oversee the in-house development and production of the product range. Being the sole outdoor company to receive the Queen's Award for Sustainable Development, the organisation consistently prioritises minimising environmental impact.
In this multifaceted HR role, the focus is on delivering top-tier guidance, services, and support to employees across the organisation while collaborating with HR partners to extend support throughout the entire Group. The emphasis is on aligning and implementing the HR strategy with organisational goals, championing the Group's values, and facilitating development through training sessions. Advocacy for fair treatment, welfare, and inclusivity is paramount, addressing issues of discrimination or exclusion and promoting equality and diversity. The responsibilities include reinforcing company processes, managing appraisal and review processes, overseeing company benefits, and supporting management in disciplinary and performance improvement processes. Additionally, the role encompasses end-to-end recruitment processes, onboarding coordination, and assistance in various tasks for the Director of HR. Utilising HR systems, ensuring GDPR compliance, and contributing to policy development and system improvements round out the comprehensive approach to human resources management.
To qualify... Whether you call yourself a HR Advisor / Human Resources Partner / HR Strategy Specialist we don't mind, you just need to possess the right attitude and your cv should demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working in a busy HR Department
- Capable of efficiently handling a diverse and substantial workload, including extensive administrative responsibilities
- Adept at collaborating with individuals with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Well-versed in UK HR legislation and best practice guidance
- Analytical, with a good understanding of HR systems and databases
- Experienced in the practical application of company policies and procedures.
- Proficient with computer packages, showcasing advanced Excel skills.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in both English and Maths.
This is an excellent opportunity for a HR Advisor looking to progress their career within a first-class business. You can expect competitive benefits and rewards including pension, health cash plan and profit related bonus scheme. Additional flexible benefit options include boosted pension contributions, extra holiday, increased health cash plan or assistance with childcare costs plus much more.
TECHNICAL ANALYST (AMAZON)
The leading Global Marketplace Solutions Provider that helps brands and retailers grow their sales on Amazon are now recruiting for a Technical Analyst/ Marketing Data Scientist with Amazon Marketing Cloud (AMC) experience to provide detailed insight into their clients marketing funnel. This is a great opportunity to work in a most exciting area of e-commerce, with world renowned brands and innovative leaders in e-commerce.
We are looking to recruit full time employees in the UK or contractors from outside the UK.
Offering a broad range of strategic, optimisation, management, and advertising services in the UK and internationally, this new Global Marketplace Services Platform helps brands grow their sales on Amazon and other platforms.
Working at the forefront of the company the Technical Analyst/ Marketing Data Scientist can expect a varied role that will require you to adapt quickly and think on your feet in an often fast paced but collaborative environment. Your initial focus will involve using AMC to provide detailed insights into clients marketing funnels. You will work with AMCs IQL, Amazon playbooks, create queries and develop data pipelines and models. You should also understand various data sources that clients may have and manage their integration into AMC. Presenting conclusions and recommendations to clients are essential aspects of the role.
To qualify... You should be a Technical Analyst / Data Insights Specialist / Amazon advertising Analyst / Marketing Data Scientist / Marketing Data Analyst or similar with AMC experience who can demonstrate:
- Experience working in a similar role analysing marketing or ecommerce data.
- Experience managing or analysing paid advertising campaigns.
- Experience writing SQL queries in Data Warehouse environments.
- Experience with data visualisation using (eg. Tableau, PowerBI, Seaborn, etc).
- Analytical skills and strong computer literacy.
- Confidence in communicating/reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to think on your feet and make decisions.
- Planning, prioritisation, and time-management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a fast growing, friendly team. We will help you learn about some of the below technologies and will value any experience you already have:
- Amazon Sponsored Ads, DSP, or AMC.
- Python (jupyter, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Streaming technologies using Redis or Kafka
- AWS (esp. Redshift, AWS CLI, S3, SageMaker, Glue, EC2, AKS)
The client accommodates hybrid and remote working options, as well as offer personal development budget and plan, free amazon prime, annual company trips, birthday day off, work from anywhere for up to 5 weeks a year, 3pm Fridays, annual charity days and 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays plus much more.
JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER (SOFTWARE)
A Junior Project Manager is needed to join a global leader within the cultural and heritage sector, delivering collections and archive management software. Working from either their Nottingham or Manchester offices, this is a superb opportunity to play a crucial role in facilitating the delivery of small to medium sized software implementation projects.
With offices in the UK, Europe, Canada, United States, New Zealand and Australia, our client delivers powerful software solutions to archives, museums, libraries, academic institutions, and many more. Serving over 4,000 customers in more than 30 countries, this global organisation is considered leaders in their field with their technology used by many of the largest and most recognised museums and institutions in the world.
Reporting to the Head of Project Delivery - EMEA, the Junior Project Manager can expect to play a key role coordinating short-term projects, requiring adept communication with both customers and internal resources. Responsibilities include project planning, collaboration with colleagues to optimise resource allocation, and proactive resolution of project issues. This role places a significant emphasis on meticulous record-keeping and timely updates, particularly in ensuring the completion of necessary reporting and documentation, and managing invoices post-project completion. The ownership of project and time tracking systems highlights the importance of maintaining accurate records for real-time monitoring of project statuses. Furthermore, active participation in team meetings is an integral expectation for effective project coordination.
To qualify... Whether you call yourself a Junior Project Manager / Project Administrator / Project Co-Ordinator / Project Liaison / Project Facilitator / Project Support Specialist or similar we don't mind, as long as your CV demonstrates the following:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- The tenacity and drive to deliver projects to completion.
- Familiar with project management software and tools.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to future agile project management systems.
- One to two years of experience in project management preferred.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline would also be beneficial.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual looking to progress their career within a first-class software business. Expect plenty of opportunity, progression, training, and a collaborative team environment which offers great benefits.
OPERATIONS & OFFICE MANAGER
An Operations & Office Manager is needed to join an independent company based in Stockport offering a complete range of hot beverage products and equipment. Reporting directly to our Managing Director, you will introduce and manage new processes and structures to support current operations and future growth.
Founded in 2008 this bespoke company offers an exclusive range of leaf teas, espresso coffees, hot chocolate and other beverages, equipment, and service. They currently supply businesses all over the Northwest, with expansion to wholesale and retail offerings nationally.
Working within a small team the Operations & Office Manager will play a pivotal role in overseeing the company's day-to-day operations, including office management, order fulfilment, and staff supervision. This role involves various crucial functions, such as managing HR, accounts, and sales support, setting performance targets to achieve company objectives, ensuring customer satisfaction, and actively identifying and implementing process improvements. The role also involves strict adherence to company policies, legal compliance, addressing daily challenges, conducting staff one-on-ones, and contributing significantly to the company's expansion efforts.
To qualify... You could be an Operations Manager / Office Manager / General Manager / Operations Lead / Operations & Strategy Manager / Chief Operations Officer or similar with a CV which demonstrates the following.
- Dynamic, self-starter, enthusiastic, high energy, and hands on attitude.
- Experience of working in hospitality, retail, or coffee industry.
- Strong organisational skills, and ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Experience of managing and developing people.
- Knowledge of human resources and employment law, and health & safety compliance regulations
- Fantastic operations management skills.
- Proven track record of managing, improving, and streamlining processes.
- Experience of reporting systems, and able to progress our recently introduced CRM system.
- Experience of implementing purchasing, stock management and accounting software.
- Excellent communication and ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong coaching skills that can achieve results through collaboration to lead to success.
- May be some rare occasions where you may be required to help with lifting in the warehouse (up to 30kg).
This is a great opportunity to work in an expanding company which offers a range of enticing benefits including Friday afternoons off (with closure at 1pm), bonus of up to 10% of salary or share options, a generous 28 days of annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, and a pension contribution. The company also prioritises personal and professional growth by providing tailored learning and development opportunities. Additionally, the company equips its staff with essential tools for their roles, offering work laptops and mobile phones in addition to a culture of inclusion and diversity, ensuring a welcoming and equitable workplace for all team members.