J Lee Engineering
Jobs at J Lee Engineering
We are looking to hire Remote Architectural Designers for a six-month to one-year renewable contract/part-time position to start work immediately. The candidate must be resident in the United States.
We seek highly organized individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment. Candidates must be comfortable working towards exploring new design and construction methods and excel at multi-tasking.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced and dynamic team working on multiple projects.
Researches and identifies project-appropriate architectural requirements.
Conceptualizes a building design from a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a clients requirements, budget, and program.
Assist in the preparation of proposals, reports, and findings
Assist in the production of technical drawings
Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
Use Revitto draft design drawings, including renderings, 3D models, flythroughs, and submittal drawings.
Performs BIM modeling and detailing
Collaborating with contractors and consultants on-site in the field
Participates in cross-discipline discussions and coordination with multidisciplinary teammates
Assists in conducting site investigations and observations
Helps to prepare narratives, architectural graphics, design presentations, drawings, and specification documents with a high degree of quality, yet about project schedule and budget constraints
Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various states of project development
Participate in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural solutions
Translate conceptual ideas into architectural graphics and prepare design presentations to communicate ideas to the team
Analyze design concepts of buildings and space in 2D/3D and create design presentations using freehand sketches, 2D/3D modeling, and rendering software
Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
Manage and execute design assignments promptly and meet milestones and deadlines.
Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
Evaluate site conditions and constraints for construction projects.
Provide regular project status updates to the team.
Bachelors degree in Architecture or equivalent years of architectural design experience.
Two plus years of experience
Hands-on experience with Revit, Enscape, and AutoCAD.
Working knowledge of Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite/ Bluebeam preferred
Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
Willingness to learn Project Management software and other technologies to enhance our client experience.
Experience reviewing submittal drawing packages for architectural coordination.
Experience translating sketches and CAD/Revit documents into realized 3D models and images.
Trained in diverse platforms to work on a variety of project types.
Able to research solutions to either artistic or technical issues when they arise.
Be adaptable and willing to embrace new technologies to help improve the design and construction process.
A creative self-starter who can solve problems individually and as a team.
Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple fast-paced projects.
Ability to read construction documents and specifications.
Strong understanding of the construction process and job site conditions.
Demonstrated ability to develop awareness and begin to lead team coordination of contract documents
Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills required
Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team
NOTE: THIS REMOTE POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES.
Our firm seeks individuals eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers an outstanding balance of professional fulfillment and fun. The Architectural Designer works on projects from their concept phases through schematic design and design development and may continue with the project through construction documents as support for the production team. Architectural designers may also assist the project manager with presentations. We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design. We own the impact of our work socially, economically, and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful, and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Generate high-quality design drawings, graphic design work, renderings, and visualizations to support design projects and marketing pursuits.
- Assist in producing detailed architectural documentation, including plans, sections, elevations, and details, ensuring compliance with building codes and regulations.
- Participate in team meetings, both internal and external, providing insights and ideas to contribute to project development.
- Work collaboratively with designers, interior designers, landscape architects, and urban designers to support multiple projects in various design phases.
- Researches and identifies project-appropriate architectural requirements
- Performs BIM modeling and detailing
- Participates in cross-discipline discussions and coordination with multidisciplinary teammates
- Assists to conduct site investigations and observations
- Assists in preparing narratives, architectural graphics, design presentations, drawings and specification documents by a high degree of quality, yet about project schedule and budget constraints
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various states of project development
- Participate in the design, selection, coordination, and detailing of architectural solutions
- Translate conceptual ideas into architectural graphics and prepare design presentations to communicate ideas to clients
- Analyze design concept of buildings and space in 2D/3D and create design presentations using freehand sketches, 2D/3D modeling and rendering software
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, reports, and findings
- Assist in the production of technical drawings
- US Residency required.
Qualifications & Skills:
MUST BE RESIDENT IN THE USA
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
- 3 years experience or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, 3ds Max, and Revit
- Working knowledge of Sketch-Up and Adobe Creative Suite/ Bluebeam preferred
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, building codes, and regulations
- Ability to create accurate and detailed construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients, engineers, and other professionals
- Strong problem-solving skills to address design challenges and find innovative solutions
- Maintains current industry trends on space, function, materials, etc.
- Time management and organization skills with the ability to become involved in and remain current on issues relating to several one-two projects in various stages
- Demonstrated ability to develop awareness and begin to lead team coordination of contract documents
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills required
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team
- US Residency required.
We are excited to announce that our company is currently looking for a talented and motivated remote project manager to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to take their career to the next level and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are seeking US applicants who are committed to their professional growth and are ready to take on new challenges.
- Plan, execute, and close projects within the specified constraints of time, resources, and budget
- Define project requirements, scope, and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress and report on project status
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain relationships with team members, clients, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent training and experience
- Proven working experience in project management within the US, including experience managing remote teams
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of project management software tools
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Experience with Agile or Scrum methodologies is a plus
- Experience using remote project management tools such as Asana, Trello, or Slack
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Must be based in the US and legally authorized to work
- Must have a strong internet connection and a dedicated workspace
- Must be available during standard business hours in the US
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and work well under pressure
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow
If you fit the qualifications and requirements outlined above and are eager to take on new challenges and grow your career in project management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We are looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are ready to make a positive impact and help drive our company's success.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Structural Designer to join our team on a remote basis. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for a qualified individual with a strong background in structural design to support our projects. Please note that this position is only open to applicants located within the United States.
The role of a Structural Designer is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger projects under the guidance of a Senior Structural Engineer. As a Remote Structural Designer, you will be responsible for creating and developing structural designs for a wide range of projects. This role will involve collaborating with our engineering team, architects, and clients to ensure that the structural integrity of our designs meets industry standards and client expectations. This is a remote, full-time position, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work from home and have a flexible schedule.
- Create and develop structural designs for various projects, including commercial and residential buildings, bridges, and other infrastructure projects.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and clients to understand project requirements and develop design concepts.
- Conduct structural analysis and calculations to ensure designs meet safety and building code regulations.
- Produce detailed technical drawings and documentation for construction teams and contractors.
- Complete calculations and drawings for small projects under Senior Engineers guidance
- Works with and coordinates with architectural, interiors, and other engineering disciplines for coordination of the project
- Perform Construction Administration duties including completing field observations reports, responding to RFIs, submittal reviews, and evaluating contractor change orders
- Perform calculations using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Communicate design issues and solutions with the design team and Owner clients.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and building codes to ensure designs are current and compliant.
- Work within project scope, budgets, and design approach to deliver projects to clients on time, on budget, and at a high level of client service
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in structural design, preferably in the construction or architecture industry.
- Proficiency in structural design software such as AutoCAD, Revit, or similar programs.
- Strong understanding of building codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in a remote setting.
- Candidates must be resident in US.
If you meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our team as a Remote Structural Designer, we encourage you to apply for this position. Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are a good fit for this role. We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates and potentially welcoming you to our team.
We are looking to employ remote electrical designers immediately to assist a busy electrical department and provide support for all design aspects of assigned jobs. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical ability to perform design tasks, the ability to work independently with moderate guidance, and strong communication skills in written, spoken, and personal formats. You'll gain experience by participating in multiple diverse projects while playing an essential role in the planning, executing, and closing of projects with constant opportunities to develop your skill set.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Execute project design tasks in partnership with Electrical Engineer counterparts
Coordinate with the Electrical Engineer, Design WGL, and project team to develop basic schedules
Coordinate inter-discipline design directly with counterparts in other disciplines (such as piping and control systems)
Work within 3D design software where applicable; contribute to and extract information from a 3D model
Perform detailed vendor document reviews and incorporate them into the project design
Preparing preliminary and detailed construction plans (AutoCAD), material requirements, and cost estimates for electrical distribution overhead and underground projects.
Assist in developing conductor replacements, structure replacements, and other overhead and underground projects.
Review field data, photos, etc., to meet the requirements of the latest updates and technologies of the customer.
Assisting PMs in preparing change order requests and managing projects.
Collaborate design criteria with engineering team members to gather information to model systems and components.
Coordinate space in the BIM model with all disciplines
Interpret architect drawings/specifications, blueprints, and construction documents
Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, and details under close supervision
Coordinate final package quality checks and hand-off to project assistants for formal issue
Design power, lighting, fire alarm, and low voltage systems based on written and verbal descriptions from engineers;
Set up new Revit projects based on existing project templates;
Develop Electrical construction documentation under the supervision of an engineer utilizing primarily Revit;
Develop Electrical construction models in Revit as part of a BIM team;
Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings;
Interface with project management and project engineers during the design phase.
Perform file management functions such as posting models, downloading model updates, managing links, and Revit drafting;
Provide technical support for existing projects and field service;
Attend coordination meetings, communicate with other trades, and create/extract reports as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
Associate's Degree or completion of related technical trade school courses or equivalent experience.
A minimum of two years' experience.
Experience with AutoCAD is required, and AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Revit.
Display good computer skills and ability to learn multiple programs, such as estimating and scheduling.
Basic knowledge of Electrical Distribution Systems.
Possesses good problem-solving abilities and evaluates data.
Positive attitude and a proven collaborator.
Excellent organizational skills combined with high accuracy and attention to detail.
Basic communication skills, both written and oral, are expected.
Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills are required.
Must effectively discuss, explain, and coordinate designs with drafters and other disciplines cross-functionally.
Must be able to function effectively as a team member and an individual contributor.
Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted with minimal supervision.
Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects simultaneously.
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated Project Coordinator to join our team. As Remote Project Coordinator you will play a pivotal role in planning, organizing, and executing projects. In this multifaceted role, you will work closely with the Project Architect , Project Manager and other team members to ensure the efficient flow of project activities and the successful achievement of project objectives.You will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Project and Excel and have exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities:
Perform day-to-day project coordination duties, maintaining project schedules and managing project activities across multiple departments and functions
Oversees the review, approval, and payment process of contractor and consultant monthly payment applications by liaising with the appropriate internal and external parties.
Prepare detailed project reports to track progress and outcomes.
Tracking project progress and making adjustments as needed to meet goals and objectives.
Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
Support project management team on projects that are in the pre-construction phase of development
Collaborate with staff members to facilitate effective communication and teamwork.
Utilize construction software or other related software to manage budgets, schedules & project documentation
Develop skills to assist in project cost management; assist with managing change orders and tracking budget versus actuals
Support Subcontractor relations including: scheduling, subcontract management, communications, job reporting and compliance
Initiate, prepare, process and review requests for information as required by the project
Manage project documentation including cataloging photos, construction documents, project notes, equipment specifications and other relevant project information
Troubleshoot project issues as they arise; evaluate alternatives and propose solutions.
Communicate project status, risks, and opportunities to Project Manager and Management team
Assist in the coordination of permitting and utility interconnection applications and agreements
Identify vendor billing discrepancies or inconsistencies and resolve expeditiously.
Assists in contracts/task orders/purchase orders financial close out process.
Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
Provide administrative support by conducting research, assisting on the preparation statistical reports, and handling information requests.
Source, solicit, and collect pricing, cost, bids, and proposals as required.
Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines related to project file maintenance and document control.
Measure and report on project performance and identify any potential obstacles that may disrupt the flow of the projects successful completion.
Provide support to Project Managers as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements :
Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
2-3 years of relevant experience as a Project Coordinator or in a similar role.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office
Proficiency in computers, data entry and project management software.
Strong organizational, analytical and multitasking abilities.
Team-management experience and leadership skills.
Must be highly motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work both with a team and independently.
Excellent problem-solving, written, and communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
Documentation management and ability to use project management tools.
Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
Experience working on construction management programs and/or on a construction job site is a plus but not required.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from Project Management Institute a plus but not required.
Position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
Attention to details even under pressure.
Candidate must be United States resident