JDS Energy & Mining
Jobs at JDS Energy & Mining
The JDS Group of Companies is looking to hire a full-time Office Administrator based in Vancouver, B.C. starting immediately.
In this role, the Office Administrator will be responsible for providing support to our executive team, staff, and customers by managing our company's general administrative activities and assisting with various daily office needs. This mid-level position offers an excellent opportunity to learn from a diverse set of leadership and gain firsthand experience on what it takes to run a private, international, and entrepreneurial company. Ultimately, a successful Office Administrator will ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our Vancouver Office.
About the JDS Group of Companies
The JDS Group of Companies is a diverse and dynamic team of over 200 professionals focused on delivering innovative engineering, construction, reclamation and civil contracting management solutions for our energy and mining customers. JDS prides itself on delivering project concepts from inception to full operations a process it has executed for operations throughout Canada's North and across the world, and is committed to world-class safety and health standards, proactive environmental stewardship and leaving a lasting positive legacy for local communities in the areas in which they operate.
The Office Administrator is a Vancouver, B.C. office-based position and reports to the President Engineering Division.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced individual to join our team as an Office Administrator. Key responsibilities will include:
- Be front-facing and the primary contact in the Vancouver office by managing all aspects related to the office reception and provide superior client hospitality and service;
- Participate in project meetings and document meeting minutes for distribution to the Project Team and our clients;
- Provide administrative support to executive team, scheduling and making necessary arrangements for meetings and appointments;
- Manage office administration, ensuring facilities are kept clean, office inventory is re-stocked and corresponding with building management as needed;
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls and organize required materials;
- Organize and manage executive travel and accommodation;
- Maintain the safety of the office by adhering to the mandated fire drills/evacuation, conducting monthly office safety inspections and keeping all records up to date;
- Support with industry conference registration and attendee management;
- Assist with financial activities, including cost tracking, and equipment shipping/packing for new employees or on-site workers;
- Organize new employee orientations, and keep our employee contact list up to date;
- Reconcile company credit cards on a timely basis in order to meet month-end deadlines;
- Support with updating our JDS intranet and digital signage by reception;
- Manage company lunch and learns, social events (i.e. Summer social events, Christmas party etc.)
- Coordinate and distribute client holiday gifts;
- Act as point person when receiving and distributing internal communication updates via building managers;
- Organize large or non-standard printing jobs, such as poster displays, brochures, and booklets.
Skills & Capabilities Required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Friendly, approachable, team-player mentality;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, internal and external stakeholders;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to prioritize workloads, manage multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Self-starter with excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills; and
- Advanced skills with MS Office and Adobe products;
- Supply management/ inventory control;
- Team orientated.
Relevant Experience Requirements
- Mid-level position;
- Previous office administrator experience is an asset;
- Bilingual (English, French/Spanish) would be an asset; and
- Prior bookkeeping experince would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education preferred;
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- Two to three years administrative experience in an office setting;
- Specific industry experience preferred, but not required.
The JDS Group of Companies Kelowna Office is currently looking to hire a Corporate Accountant who will be part of a dynamic team of professionals.
This is an excellent opportunity to enter into an international and entrepreneurial company with potential for long-term growth.
- Perform daily bookkeeping
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare client sales invoices
- GST/PST filings
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reconciliation working papers for review by the CFO
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports
- Maintain filing and record systems
- Additional accounting tasks and duties as required
We are looking for someone who has outstanding work ethic and possesses the following skill set:
- Good understanding of accounting practices
- Able to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience (considered an asset but not essential)
- Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel experience
- Excellent organizing skills
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize workloads, manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Completion of post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting or Business.
- In progress or have completed the CPA designation will be considered an asset.
For more information on our company, please visit our website: www.jdsmining.ca
Thank you to all applicants. Only applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.